HAVE YOU GOT
ANY MORE QUESTIONS?
WHEN DOES THE TERM / SCHOOL YEAR BEGIN?
The three-year vocational training always begins on 1 September.
WHAT ARE THE ADMISSION QUALIFICATIONS FOR THE VOCATIONAL TRAINING AT THE SFSH?
- Candidates must be at least 17 years of age
- A school-leaving certificate (secondary school)
- Good knowledge of the German language and very good text comprehension as well as interest in literature
- Successfully completed the audition process (two monologues: classical and contemporary; song interpretation)
- Alternatively, the audition can be replaced by participation in an Orientation course or the preparatory semester
CAN I SIT IN ON CLASSES OR OTHERWISE GET A TASTE OF EVERYDAY SCHOOL LIFE?
You can always make an appointment with the school management where you can address any training-related questions. In addition, you can visit our public presentations. In order to get to know the work at our school, we also recommend participating in Talent Day, a weekend seminar or an orientation course.
WHAT DO I HAVE TO KEEP IN MIND WHEN LOOKING FOR A PRIVATE ACTING SCHOOL?
- Take a look at the timetable
- Make sure that you have a minimum of 20 hours per week of classes
- Ask around about the school's reputation
- Find out what recent graduate destinations are
- Find out more at the ZAV artists placement service
- Ask if you can make an appointment for an interview
- Find out from agencies, casters etc. whether the drama school degree is recognised
FUNDING YOUR TRAINING
HOW CAN I FUND MY TRAINING AT THE SCHULE FÜR SCHAUSPIEL HAMBURG?
Training at the SfSH is state-approved: this means that Schüler-BAföG (BAföG) can be applied for at their parents' registration office. We are unfortunately unable to provide any information about the amount of BAföG grant, as it depends on the parents' respective income. Schüler-BAföG does not have to be paid back.
KFW STUDENT LOAN
As of your 2nd year of training, you can to apply for a student loan offered at very favourable terms and conditions. This student loan can be applied for at the Bundeskreditanstalt (information at www.bva.bund.de). The student loan can be applied for in addition to BAföG.
The tuition fees are tax deductible. The required certificate can be obtained at the end of the calendar year from the school office.
The timetable is such that it is possible for students to hold a part-time job.
CAN THE SCHOOL HELP ME FIND A PLACE TO LIVE?
Send us an email attachment with your a flat/flatmate search - we will be happy to post it on our notice board.
Good websites to find a flat or flatmate include:
WHAT DO I HAVE TO PREPARE FOR THE AUDITION?
You will be expected to perform a classical (until 1900) and a contemporary role/monologue (after 1900). You are also required to sing a song. Music or an instrument are allowed and can be brought along.
HOW DO I APPLY FOR THE AUDITION?
Click here to fill out the APPLICATION FORM and apply for an audition. You will find further explanations on our website under the menu item Training & Audition. All we need is a completed application form and a CV with photo.
HOW DO I CHOOSE THE RIGHT MONOLOGUE?
A monologue should give you the opportunity to show as much of yourself as a person and your acting potential. Henschel Verlag has published a number of books with monologue collections that can help you find the right monologue. When preparing a monologue, always keep in mind that you don't have to be able to do everything yet, because this is exactly why you are applying for professional acting training with us. The most important thing is to understand the text, the role and the situation, and to convey this to us with your creativity, personality and imagination.
WHAT IF I CANNOT ATTEND ON THE DATES OF THE AUDITION?
It is possible to make an individual appointment with the school office.
HOW CAN I APPLY FOR THE VOCATIONAL TRAINING WITHOUT ATTENDING AN AUDITION?
WHAT HAPPENS IF I DO NOT PASS THE AUDITION?